Josephine (Joe) Michael is a conveyancing executive in the firm with over 30 years experience in residential conveyancing. She is efficient and skilled at giving advice on this issue and taking all the worry out of the process for you.
Each matter is different. When you contact us we will provide you with a written quote specific to your transaction.
There are no hidden charges as we provide you with details of the likely fees and disbursements before you formally instruct us. We are bound by that estimate and are professionally obliged to inform you when there will be any changes to that original estimate as circumstances arise.
When we provide our estimate, it is based on the information available at the time and it is occasionally the case that matters arise which have to be dealt with which were not included in the original estimate. Should this happen we will let you know and provide an estimate for dealing with that work on your behalf.
The following fee information gives an indication of our fees for a remortgage of £300,000 of a residential freehold property.
- Acting for you in the remortgage of your home – £550
- Acting on behalf of your mortgage company in relation to redemption (per mortgage) – £75
- Transfer of funds, per item – £30
- ID check – £5
VAT will be charged on the above.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Local Authority Search (if applicable) – £95
- Land Registry Fee – £40
- Land Registry Search Fee, OS1 – £3
- Bankruptcy Search Fee (per name) – £2
- Obtaining Office Copy Entries (per title) – £6
There may be further disbursements for leasehold properties to deal with requirements under the lease.
Our fees assumes that:-
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Contact London Solicitors Goodge Law
To discuss your specific conveyancing requirements, please contact us. You can phone Goodge Law on 020 7636 9222.