Josephine (Joe) Michael is a conveyancing executive in the firm with over 30 years experience in residential conveyancing for remortgages. She is efficient and skilled at giving advice on this issue and taking all the worry out of the process for you.
Each matter is different. When you contact us we will provide you with a written quote specific to your transaction. We calculate a fixed fee estimate based upon a number of factors, including the value of the property, the value of any mortgage and any other relevant factors which are likely to arise in your transaction. There are no hidden charges as we provide you with details of the likely fees and disbursements before you formally instruct us.
When we provide our estimate, it is based on the information available at the time and occasionally matters arise which have to be dealt with which were not included in the original estimate. Should this happen, we will let you know and provide an estimate for dealing with that work on your behalf.
Property can be a complicated business and it is impossible to give examples of every complication that may arise.
The following fixed fee information gives an indication of our fees for a remortgage of £300,000 of a residential freehold property.
- Acting for you in the remortgage of your home – £550
- Acting on behalf of your mortgage company in relation to redemption (per mortgage) – £75
- Transfer of funds, per item – £30
- ID check – £5
VAT at 20% will be charged on the above.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The following disbursements may be incurred and will not attract VAT at 20% unless stated:-
- Local Authority Search (if applicable) – £95
- Land Registry Fee – £40
- Land Registry Search Fee, OS1 – £3
- Bankruptcy Search Fee (per name) – £2
- Obtaining Office Copy Entries (per title) – £6
There may be further disbursements for leasehold properties to deal with requirements under the lease.
Our fees assumes that:-
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Residential Conveyancing – Remortgages
Contact London Solicitors Goodge Law
To discuss remortgages and your specific conveyancing requirements, please contact us. You can phone Goodge Law on 020 7636 9222.