Rajesh Kalia is a Solicitor and Partner in the firm with over 25 years experience in Debt Recovery. He is efficient and skilled at giving advice on this issue and taking all the worry out of the process for you…
The following fee information gives an indication of our fees. Each matter is different. When you contact us we will provide you with a written quote specific to your requirements.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
We do not accept instructions for debt recovery where the sum claimed is less than £10,000.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- If you are VAT registered, the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor;
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost;
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- Undertaking appropriate searches;
- Sending a letter before action;
- Receiving payment and sending to you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim;
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default;
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment;
- If payment is not received in accordance with the judgment, providing you with advice on the next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take 4-18 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. The shortest time period is based on court proceedings not being required and the longest on obtaining the judgment in default. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default.
If an Acknowledgment of Service or a Defence is filed, we will be able to advise you of the likely costs for a defended claim and the timescales at that time. We will continue to charge you at an hourly rate of £300 plus VAT.
If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve. The matter will be transferred to the High Court for enforcement for which there is a court fee of £66 and the time to enforce is an average of 3 hours and the fee will be in the region of £900 plus VAT. We will be able to advise you of the most appropriate enforcement at the time and provide you with an estimate of our fee and the court fees and disbursements involved.
Our fee is based on an hourly rate of £320 plus VAT at 20%.
It will take an average of 5 hours to obtain judgment in default and the court fee is 5% of the sum claimed.
If payment is received after the initial letter before action you can expect to pay £600 plus VAT plus the court fee.
If payment is received after the judgment in default you can expect to pay £1,500 plus VAT plus the court fee.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The following disbursements may be incurred and will not attract VAT at 20% unless stated:-
- Court Fee – 5% of the debt
- Enforcement fee – £71
- Attachment of earnings order – £119
- Office copy entries – £3
- Court applications – £275
- Consent order fee – £108
- Charging order – £119
- Bankruptcy petition
- Petition deposit – £990
- Court fee – £302
- Process server fee – £100-200 plus VAT
Contact London Solicitors Goodge Law
To discuss your specific debt recovery requirements, please contact us. You can phone Goodge Law on 020 7636 9222.