Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Mr Rajesh Kalia, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Mr Kalia will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Mr Kalia will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr Kalia will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for Mr Greenstein or Mrs Michael to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman about our service must usually be made within six months of the end of the work we did for you or of you finding out there was a problem. If your complaint is about our conduct, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman within six months of the conduct taking place. For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman (0300 555 0333 or refer to www.legalombudsman.org.uk).
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.